RE: [MV] MB oil pressure

Joe Van Slyke (jvanslyke@austin.rr.com)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 23:43:02 -0500

>What is the typical oil pressure for a 45 MB warm at idle? Mine seems low
>but it could be the gauge too.

Jerry,
For the L134 :
Hot at running speeds is 40 to 45 lbs (psi).
At idle about 10 lbs (psi).
(TM 9-803 pg 70)
It could be though a later year might run a bit higher.
Can anyone with a recently rebuilt L134 give us a real life example ?

I found when I pulled the sump out of my pan, it was full of something that
looked like string between the screen and the tube.
It helped some I've actually got about 10 psi at hot idle.
Cold, on first start, it gets about 45, but falls off quick when it gets
warm.
It'll do until rebuild, or replace time.

Joe VS