Re: [MV] M1009 4wd system

Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Sun, 05 Sep 1999 23:36:04 -0500

Jaime A Ponce de Leon wrote:

> Having never driven the CUCV in 4wd, We ended up having a heated discussion
> on how to engage the system.

For 4 Hi, just shift and also make sure that the front hubs are locked.
This is a shift on the fly system, not too sure what the top speed for
this is at the moment, but since I dont think you will be going 80 MPH
when you find you need 4 wheel drive, most normal speeds will be ok to
shift at. For 4 Lo, stop, put in Neutral, and shift to 4 Lo. Check the
top of the driver's sunvisor for more detailed instructions.

ANdy