Re: [MV] Towing

fv74@altavista.net
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:00:58 -0400 (EDT)

Gary

When I flat tow, I put the T-case in neutral, the transmission in neutral and unlock the front hubs. The only reason that I can think of for putting the trans. in first, is if there is enough drag in your T-case to spin the gears this will keep the trans. mainshaft from spinning. If this is the case,you already have a problem. The output shaft sliding gear is the only gear that will be spinning in the T-case and it will circulate gear oil to the bearings that are running. Every manual that I have clearly states to put both trans. and T-case in neutral. Hope this helps.

Dave Fillman
45 MB