Re: [MV] Cable Carrier for WW2 Jeep - ACL No. 11

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 00:30:53 -0700

* M38 Made by Wilys. Canada bought about 250 of them.
* M38CDN - made by Ford Motor Company of Canada. (1952)

* M38A1CDN - Made by Ford Motor Company of Canada. (1953)
* M38A1CDN2 - Made by Kaiser Jeep of Canada Ltd. (1967 & 1968)
* M38A1CDN3 - Made in USA by Jeep Corporation on contract for Canada
(1970-1971)
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Densmore <densmore@idirect.com>

>Hi Colin.... weren't all Canadian versions of the M38A1 built in the US? I
>seem to recall my M38A1 CDN2 was stamped 'Jeep Corporation of America' ---
>do you know where in Canada they were built
** Ontario. Ford in Windsor, ON I believe. Kaiser Jeep Canada in Windsor??
> and while I am on the subject,
>is there any difference in engine horsepower between the CDN2 and CDN3?
** I don't know. I no longer have the manuals.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB