Re: [MV] who are you.....

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:04:05 -0700

>OK List.....who did I see today in Vancouver driving from Beach Ave onto
>Denman at about 2030. Great looking jeep, windshield forward, white star.
============================
It might have been Henning Riebe of Burnaby in his 1942 Willys MB. Next time
look for markings/WD or USA number, serial number (got to get really close
to read that one!), licence plate number etc. and contact me off list at
colin@pacdat.net I have over 1,435 W.W. II jeeps in my database and 77 of
these are/were in British Columbia.

Not me (Mickey Mouse Ear camouflage pattern, no stars), or Jeff Davis or
Vince Hands (latter two have red/white/blue/yellow roundel on hoods rather
than stars as used by UK & Canada in Sicily/Italy in 1943),

By the way I had fun on the weekend at a local display. My jeep would be
considered 'combat class" and in addition to the bedroll (my Dad's from W.W.
II), webbing etc., I sprinkled a few empty 1943 dated .303" shell casings
on the floor of the jeep. The visitors loved that touch - and no they were
not stolen (remember - this is Canada). Also put a visitor's green & black
Iguana on the lowered windshield for some photos. His colours matched the
jeep's colours nicely.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB