Re: [MV] winches, pulleys, leverage???????

Arthur Boeck (aboe@oefeg.co.at)
Thu, 16 Sep 99 10:31:02 +0001

Buzz is right, but not complete.

Winch -- pulley on tree -- back to same truck = doubled
force.

Winch -- pulley on tree -- back to pulley on same truck --
and back to tree = triple force (hope the tree holds ;-).

Just count the number of cables the load is hanging on.

arthur boeck, Austria
VW, Steyr, GAZ, LuAZ.
>GAZ 51 4x2 fire truck (olive green) for sale,
needs restor., $ 950,--