Re: [MV] Questions about CUCVs

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 14:25:32 +0000

> Ok, my car is dying - engine blowing smoke, A/C dead!
Been there, done that, but thats another story

> Does anyone drive a CUCV as a daily driver with at least two days a
> week driving 120 miles round trip?
I would, but I'm crazy.... But, actually, Its really close to my driving a
civi blazer 4 days a week with the A/C busted, all you would do (sorry to
all the purists out there) is get a comfortable seat cover.

>How is the maintenance on the CUCVs?
Any competent mechanic could do it

>Are they fairly close maintenance wise to the civilian version
Yes

> = will it be easy for my mechanic to work on?
Make sure they are experanced with the 6.2 diesel and any other diesel's

>Also, how does
> this vehicle do pulling a 2 horse trailer? I guess the trailer & horses
> are about 3000 pounds total.
TAMSAR's cucv routinely pulls the support trailer, which last time we
checked weighed in at around 5700Lbs... I tried pulling that with my
350-equipped blazer, and my gas mialge went to hell at around 7-8 mpg
highway, which was bad when you are in the middle of nowhere with only a 20
gal tank.

the diesel's should do alot better.