Re: [MV] MV: Frame Rivets, GPW Application

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 20:01:01 -0500

>Am in the process of dismantling a GPW Frame. Front 1/3 needs
>to be straighten. Rest needs to be cleaned and painted.
>
>NOW, has anyone done riveting. How does one deal with rivets
>in the tight, difficult to get at places on the frame assembly?
>
>WHERE is a good source of appropriate rivets for a GPW?
>
>We have the ARMY MOTORS #85 RIVETS-INSTALLATION by AL STIEFEL, and we want
>to take it further. (Actually doing it!)

I met Al when he did a seminar on riveting at the San Jose convention. He
strikes me as the kind of person who would be quite happy to talk to you on
the phone about it, he even offered to help people get rivets of you
couldn't find them locally. The subject of the rivets behind the front
bumper on MB/GPW's came up and looks like it's just an issue of fabricating
a backup bar that can be wedged in there . I'll be needing to do the rivets
on my MB but I figure I'll tackle this when the time comes. Try calling him.

je