Re: [MV] Questions about CUCVs

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:53:50 +0000

> If I turn the ignition on without starting,
> and the glow plug light comes on and then goes off, how long would it take
> to burn out the glow plugs?
I dont know how long it would take, but I do know that several times i've
had our CUCV like that, with the ignition on without starting, so we can
make use of the cd player witerd into the ignition.

> Does the relay have a timer to keep from
> burning out the plugs?

It might, because sometimes we'll have it on for a while, then tried to
start it, and it wont start and the glow light was off, we'd just turn the
ignition off then to start again, and it starts right up.

~~~~
On a related note, radio shack sells a 24 volt to 12 volt inverter and i was
thinking of getting this for the purpose of the electronics on a m175 (which
i assume is 24 volt, but havent checked) we are installing two (2) t-way
radios, a GPS, and a charger for the walkie-talkies, with a combined draw of
16 amps,the inverter sells for 129.99 with a 20 amp capacity. Is there
something better/cheaper on the market?