Re: [MV] Winching

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 05:46:24 -0400

At 20:51 16/09/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Having followed with interest the discussion about winching, snatch
>blocks, pulleys, etc. , there is one aspect that I didn't see explained
>(or maybe I just missed it). If I remember my old highschool physics
>correctly, as you increase the mechanical advantage,you proportionatly
>decrease the speed of the pull.

This was left out, probably because when winching, speed is not important;
in fact, slownes is often an advantage, giving the operator more time to
see and control what is happening, and at times giving the stuck MV more
time to separate itself from the mud ;-)

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

A friend in need is a pest indeed...
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --