[MV] Re: WTD Power receptacle

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

> >> gen-set

> four
> >> big
> >> small
> >>

> >> Could you be a little more specific as to what
> >> connector you need?
> >++++++++++++++++=
> >Not really, no numbers on the cable!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Ok, I was looking for the yellow nomenclature sleeve
that is usually found on military cables but there is
none. So, here's what I found on the plugs:

First cable's end (only one molded end, other end is
crimped rings):

Anderson Power Products

R67G36B

MS 25486-31

Second Cable's end:

Cable ASM Power Electric

MS 90328-34-M

PN-42-90328-34-M

UNICOR 56853 K-R

These cables are made up of four size 3/0 single
insulated conductors and one two conductor cord with
two #10 ga conductors in it, the whole thing is held
together with big "rubber bands".

> Hi Joe, How about any markings inside the cable
> connector (assuming it
> isn't a potted/sealed device)? Any AN/ or NEMA
> identifiers? Any
> numbers/letters/symbols whatsoever may help us if
> you do see something.
++++++++++++++
Its a big molded rubber end, see dimensions below.

> >> or
> >> What is the part number of the shelter
> connector?
> >++++++++++++++++++
> >Well, if I knew that it would make it a lot easier.
>
> Had the shelter receptacle been swiped by somebody?
++++++++++++++++++
I don't have a shelter, .....yet! Need the receptacle
for the house.

> >> or
> >> What are the dimensions of the shelter
> connector?
> >++++++++++++++++++++
> >About 3" X 5" with a 3" insertion depth.
More exactly; 3 1/4" X 2 1/4" end dim.

3 9/16" insertion depth

9 3/8" overall length

4" X 3" overall Width/Depth

They're big, heavy, definitely power only. Made to go
from a transfer switch to a shelter so two gensets can
power one shelter.

Thanks

Joe