RE: [MV] 24V Jumper cable question.

John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:47:33 -0500

Mark,

Check Supply Line for dealers who sell slave cables (That's the common term
for the 2 pin jumper cable.), or look in the olive_drab website for dealers.
I know that you can find the information that you need in both locations.

I doubt that you will be able to jump-start a 24 volt system with a 12 volt
source, but I'll leave that up to the experts on the list.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark McKee [mailto:omnitech@sound.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 3:05 PM
To: MV LIST
Subject: [MV] 24V Jumper cable question.

Where can I get a 24V, two pin, jumper cable to use with my M38A1?

Could a second cable be rigged to have clamps on one end to allow jumping
from some vehicle other than another mil-veh with two pin receptacle?
Assuming that most of the available vehicles would be civilian, and only
12V, would doing this be feasible? Would it work? Would it cause damage to
either vehicle?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, but this is my first 24V system.

Mark McKee
'52 M38A1 (restoration nearly complete; painted last weekend)