Re: [MV] Replacing M151 transfer case

fv74@altavista.net
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Whenever possible you should try to keep gearsets together. It is possible that your new transfer case has a different ratio. I am more familiar with MB's and M38's. Even though they both use Dana 18 t-cases, they have different ratios. Count the teeth on the new and old top gears. If they are not the same, you have found your problem. Also check for intermediate gear wobble or play.

Dave Fillman
45 MB