Re: [MV] 24V Jumper cable question.

R. C . Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:18:25 -0700

Where as the results may not always be catastrophic, the load on the 24 volt
quite often cooks components like that expensive 24v alternator thing under
the hood. In a pinch you can go 12v to 12v off a 24v vehicle and get lit
off.
Listen you cheap bastards, buy a set of good batteries and PMCS once a
month. Commercial ones will work. You will like life a great deal more. I
was once threatened by the smart stick " as in, see this stick, you cheap
bastard!! I am going to smack you over the head with it until you SMARTEN
UP ! " by a certain female who couldn't believe I would spend all that time
and effort to shuttle a set of batteries between three vehicles.

But what do I know

Randy