Re: [MV] jeep floor pan

fv74@altavista.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:54:47 -0400 (EDT)

Peter, I am rebuilding the front floor on my MB right now. This is a very time consuming project. Chances are that your hat channels are rotted out under the floor also. Complete floors are available. Hat channels, fuel sumps, axe and shovel panels are available separately also. I chose to rebuild using pieces, saving as much of the original as I could. My axe area was not too bad, but my fuel sump was gone. I sand blast the offending section clean and then cut away the area to be replaced. I have been brazing the new pieces in, because my mig welder just blows right thru the thinner metal. So far I have about $150 US and about four cases of beer into this project and I am only about one third of the way done. To replace the hat channels correctly, you have to take the tub off the frame. I will pull the tub this winter to do the channels. Good Luck.

Dave Fillman
45 MB