[MV] Weare event VW tricked out as German field car

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:08:00 +0200

At 17.15 28/09/99 -0400, BRUCE wrote:
>I am on the board of Directors of the Merrimac Valley >Military Collectors
>that hold the annual Weare Rally in New Hampshire. This >year we had a few
guests dress up in German uniform with >a VW tricked out as a German field
car. While the vehicle >was not too much of a problem, the guests were in
>full uniform of "SS" storm troopers. This did raise a >few eyebrows and ...

... (snip) ...

Sep.29 1999

Bruce,
I cannot help you with your problem (sorry!), but I shall be grateful if
you will send me (and to the List because I am sure that they will be
interested!) more info (and PICTURES, if possible!) of the VW tricked out
as German field car:
Was it a current Beetle dressed up as a WWII German field Car? Or it was a
current production replica kubelwagen (as advertised in SUPPLY LINE and
MILITARY VEHICLES MAGAZINE)?
Was it camouflaged?
Thank you for any info you may be able to give me!

Regards and don't forget to
KEEP THEM ROLLING!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.