[MV] Weare VW picture (Army Motors)

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:41:36 +0200

At 09.52 30/09/99 -0400, SKIP wrote:
>Raimondo,
>The picture of the Type 51 Volkswagen is on the back of Army Motors issue
>number 88, Summer 1999.
>Skip Woods
>1954 Dodge M37

Oct. 1 1999

Skip,
Thank you for the magazine reference! Back at home, yesterday evening, I
have seen the color picture! Well, in the past days I was looking for a
color picture I "have seen" on the web... It was not on the web... it was
the one on the back cover of ARMY MOTORS...!!! My memory... aaargh!!!

The VW of Army Motors is one of the batch assembled for the Allies after
the war ended, not the ones manufactured for the German military during the
war. Very interesting too!
Before I forget, there is an interesting issue of AFTER THE BATTLE
magazine, issue 12, on the VW factory, full of pictures. I also recommend
the 3 books by Schiffer with color photos. If anybody is interested just
let me know and I shall send the complete bibliographic references, the
books are not expensive, are still in print and are translated from German
books.

Skip, thank you again!

Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.