RE: [MV] MB/GPW

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:55:40 -0400

> I remember two special restored MB/GPWs on show in the US....
> A) - a 1/2 restored Jeep - kind of "before and after" show case
> with the driver side A1 restored, passenger side rusty, shabby
> as found etc.
There was a restoration outfit in New Jersey, USA that created this to show
off their abilities (which were considerable). We gave it a "special award"
trophy at a rally because it was so unusual. The business broke up at some
point in the last few years and may have started again under one of the
former partners. I can't remember the name of the business offhand but one
of the guys first names was Nils. I'm not sure if I have a picture anyplace.

> B) - a restored MB/GPW - then dismantled again and crated
> as during the war with an exact replica of the crate...
> was it on display at one MVPA Convention some years ago ?
Saw a picture, can't help on this one.

Best Regards,
Dennis O'Connor