Re: [MV] Silicone Brake Fluid - About Dean's comment.

Alan Bowes (inbox@todacosa.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:47:11 -0600

In retrospect, I must say that Dean's original comment about the
tendency of silicone brake fluid to trap bubbles being "one reason" why
it is not recommended for ABS is probably quite accurate, although from
what I've read, it appears that the compressibility of the fluid itself
may be the primary reason for not using it, since even if air bubbles
are completely purged from the system, the compressibility of the fluid
itself (due perhaps to dissolved gases, etc.) could still interfere with
ABS pressure modulation.

Alan Bowes

"Dean L. Kellogg, Jr" wrote:

> I have changed my jeep over to silicone and am doing it on an old
Volvo