Re: [MV] Bailey bridge book

Eric Kozowski (eric@haydenisland.verio.net)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:59:47 -0700

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 07:04:04AM -0400, Keith, Steve wrote:
> I think we are talking about 3 different bridges here:
>
> Pontoon: Inflatable rubber boats holding up metal Treadway bridge
> sections
>
> Pontoon: Wooden boats holding up metal or wood roadway sections
>
> Bailey: Erector set like bridging set for spanning short distances

For pictures of the current floating bridge, the Ribbon Bridge, see:

http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Dec1995/951219-O-9805M-001.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Dec1995/951219-O-9805M-002.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Dec1995/951219-O-9805M-003.html
http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Dec1995/951219-O-9805M-004.html

The Medium Girder Bridge is the main non-floating bridge used by
the US military.

http://pages.cthome.net/250thmgb/250thmgb.htm

also, the bailey bridge is still used by the army, contrary to my
previous email.

--
Eric Kozowski
USMC Combat Engineer 88-96