Re: [MV] CUCV Lift Kits

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:22:07 -0700

> Has anyone had experience with suspension lift kits (2"-4") for the mid
> 80's M1008 CUCV pickups?

I have a 2 year old 2 inch BDS Suspension http://www.bds-suspension.com/
(Formally Big Dick Suspension... i wonder why they changed their name) lift
on my 1991 civvi blazer, I had the original axles upgraded to 14 bolt about
6 months before that. I told them about the upgrade, and they made sure to
take that into account... i got the right parts, fittings, etc.

4 months after installation of the lift, a rather mean rock demolished the
front u-bolt and steering arm. (both BDS products) after it was towed to the
shop and left for a week, i got a call to come pick it up. BDS replaced
both, at no charge, including express shipping.

I have since installed a 6 in BDS lift on my K2500, and a 2.5 on my
partner's CJ8 Scrambler. No problems, and good quality parts.

I would reccomend them for the lift, for the M1008 and M1009, they have a
2 inch, a 4 inch, and a 5.5 inch lift, which can be seen here:
http://www.bds-suspension.com/chevy-GMC%20suspension%20systems4.html

(diclaimer... I have no relationship with bds suspension, other then being a
satisfied customer)

Jaime.