RE: [MV] Re; M38A1D, & odd suspension jeep

OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:35:11 -0500

> From: Nelson Dionne
> Re the suspension thread; I seem to remember that about 10 years ago,
> Sarafan's got in a batch of jeeps from the Greek army. As I recall, >these
vehicles were composite MB- M38's that had been adapted to
> carry a recoiless rifle. Anyone remember more specifics of this >batch ??

I saw a couple of these at a gentleman's house a while ago. The rear of the
tub was cut out and framed in angle iron to finish it and reinforce. The
rear shock mounts had been moved forward on the frame so that the shocks
were angled and there were helper springs in the stock locations. Some other
little changes, the windshield was stock (not cut out like the M38A1C/D),
and it had its' own serial number plate on the frame in addition to the
factory one. Very nice job by whoever did the work. Don't know if he still
has them or has sold them.

Dennis O'Connor