Re: [MV] Beltring 2000

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:16:47 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Greville <dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au>
To: Lars-Uwe Rudek <Rudek@shh-hamburg.de>
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 03 November 1999 05:51
Subject: Re: [MV] Beltring 2000

>Lars
>
>> ....I volunteer to be the Dambuster's bomb.......

click..phhhhh..splash...dip.........dip.......dip....dip..dip..dip.boing..wuummm
>> - flood !
>
>Interesting, nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Quite useless and mis-deployed against earth dams though and in reality of very
limited effect in truth now the actual facts are out.

>Nigel - since everyone seems so taken with Lanc's, maybe you had better
>see if the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will oblige and do a
>fly-past with theirs for next years event, may keep the bar patrons in
>their place (totally outclassed)?

Yes, how about you frighten us with a quote from the BBMF, would be nice to have
the three aerial MV's do a circuit by arrangement with a slot in the arena
events to ensure the crowds were looking the right way, I notice several private
W.W.II warplanes made flyovers this year, perhaps a bit of collaboration is
needed. While you're at it ask Kermit Weeks if his Typhoon or Tempest V will be
ready, I am dying to hear 37 litres of 24cyl Napier sleeve-valve doing 4000 a
minute to go with the 30 cyl of A57 multibank in a (real) M4A4 that might just
make it next year. . . . . . . . . .

Richard
(Southampton UK)