Re: [MV] Beltring 2000

Jim Webster (jimweb@SIMONIDES.PRESTEL.CO.UK)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 17:19:51 +0000

"Gordon.W.I. McMillan" wrote:

> It is a great place for getting things delivered / uplifted, because of
> the amount of 'foreign' traffic too. Bought something from a friend in
> Germany, Holland / Belgium / Norway / Sweden ? get it delivered to
> Beltring and pick it up there.
>
> So many people, so much space, and with list members arriving over several
> days what is really needed is a distinctive vehicle with a sign that
> everyone will see on the tour round, and a regular meet at, say, 6 PM each
> day every day of the meeting.
>
> Simonides and Maple Leaf Up will be around, so the idea of identifying a
> target vehicle and time would be the thing - what would be most
> distinctive and easiest to find ? (No, I'm not taking the Sno-Cat on a
> 1000 mile round trip)

Go on give it a try! Shouldn't take you more than about a week and three
sets of tracks to get there Gordon!

We will have a big yellow Ural 6x6 and a Large yellow flag flying above
it outside a marquee - Ideal meeting place! and we will be showing old
war films, documentaries, Newsreels [and training films if we get pushed
for stuff to show] in the evenings.

If there is sufficient interest we will also operate a 'left luggage
office' where you can leave stuff to collect later or for friends to
collect.

Anyone who lives in the UK/NI and wants to go to the show for its
duration - we will be running a pickup starting from Stranraer in
Scotland after the first ferry gets in and collecting people to go to
the show at various points due south to Beltring and then back north the
day after the show.

More details should be available on our web site by the time you read
this.

TTFN
Jim
Honorary Secretary