Re: [MV] Questions on operating an M35

Kirwin the Insane (kb0yev@midusa.net)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 13:34:40 -0600

LSyman@aol.com wrote:

> << This is what the DMV in Wisconsin told me as well. >>
>
> I've found most DMV people don't know what they're talking about. I'd look it
> up myself because they won't pay the ticket if they give you bad info. It's
> my understanding you don't need a CDL if you're not commerical.

In Kansas you don't need a CDL, but you do need a class B endorsement if the GRVW
is over 26,000 lbs., and a class A if it has a trailer.

In Kansas the non-CDL endorsements are:

C- Any vehicle with a GVWR or GCWR of 26,000 lbs. or less except motorcycle
B- Any vehicle except a Class A combination (tractor - trailer) and motorcycle
A- Any vehicle except a motorcycle
M- Motorcycle

This information comes strait from the back of my DL.

If you do not operate the truck for hire then you just need the endorsement and
not a full CDL.

Later
Michael Clark