Re: [MV] WTB Tires 5.25 x 16 European type NDT

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:04:47 -0400

At 11:27 04/11/99 EST, you wrote:
> Can someone recommend a source for 5.25 x 16 European/NATO tread type NDT
>tires (similar to those on jeeps but has additional grooves for
traction).
> Originals I have made by Dunlop but were flat for some time and are in poor
>shape.

You may still find tyres to NATO profile, made in Eastern Europe, that are
nominally 6.00x16, but that turn out to be much closer to 5.25x16.

Thats what I had on my Kubel, as I could not dish out what Continental
asked for their Repro WW2 tyres.

BTW, the NATO profile is a very good copy of the Wehrmacht profile of
World-War 2.

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.

The older I get,
the better I used to be.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --