[MV] Fw: DEMIL List UP!/ Re M-151's demil status

Nelson Dionne (aa1mo@nsradio.org)
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:35:55 -0500

Hello MV list;

Michael Crestohl, a ham radio operator, is deeply involved with
getting the R-390 family of radios off the demil list. As mentioned below,
he has started a demil list which may be subscribed to. The Demil list is
not just for military electronics, but anything collectable which now gets
automatic distruction.

Recently, he was able, through a chance situation, to have R-390's
removed from automatically being "demilled" AKA usually destroyed. It may
be possible that the automatic distruction of potentially collectable items
may finally be ending. Michael is working with a number of other collectors
interested in military vehicles, aviation, electronics, etc.

Dave's posting of the batch of M-151 jeps that MAY have just been
removed from the automatic demil status could be the start, we'll just have
to wait a bit and see. The turning over of military property disposal to
private firms may have also been responsible for the change too. There is
no profit in selling for scrap tht which could have been sold as-is,
usable. Your thoughts, news, comments??

Nelson Dionne
Salem, MA
MVCC #411