RE: [MV] Bumper numbers, Help.

John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:04:18 -0600

Mark,

As already mentioned, the letters FSB probably refer to Forward Support
Battalion. As a guess, I would say that the numbers mean 35th Division, 1st
Brigade, 67th Forward Support Battalion, although I'm not sure that a unit
designated the 35th Division actually exists. For several years I was a
member of the 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard. I was
in the Main Support Battalion (MSB) and the Division had three Forward
Support Battalions, as well. The MSB had an entire Company of Medical
personnel and I believe that the FSB's had Medical Companies as well. Our
trucks were marked 34-434 MSB on the passenger side and A### on the drivers
side to identify a specific vehicle. (I was in "A" Company.) I don't recall,
specifically, how the FSB trucks were marked but, since each FSB was
assigned to one of the three Infantry Brigades in the Division, I wouldn't
be surprised if they indicated their particular Brigade assignment in their
bumper numbers.

Hope this helps,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Baxter [mailto:alleywayguns@bacavalley.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 3:44 AM
To: skylee
Subject: [MV] Bumper numbers, Help.

New to the list and need help. I just bought an M-886 ambulance and I can
not figure out the bumper numbers on it. My TB-43-0209 was no help for this
series of numbers.
The left side of the bumper reads 35-1-67- FSB the right side reads C-244.
I think from reading the TB-43-0209 that the C-244 is the company the truck
was assigned to and the truck number?? but the long number and FSB are a
mystery to me. I would be Grateful for any help. Mark