Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

Patricia Gibbons (wa6ube@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 07:58:20 -0800

William R. Benson wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> This week end was the weekend that I was supposed to take off all of the
> wheels of my M-37, remove the brake cylinders, clean up everything, and
> take the truck on a little spin around the block.
>
> Unfortunately, I couldn't even budge one of the lug nuts...
>
> I used a four foot breaker bar - no dice...
> I went to the hardware store and bought this stuff that the bearded old
> feller said, "If this doesn't work, nothing will..." - Guess what?
> I pounded on the thing, heated it with a torch, yelled at it, squirted it
> with anything I could find to loosen it up, but no joy...
>
> Now, with bruised and aching hands, I lay the problem at the foot of the
> alter of the almighty List, in the hopes that someone might have a solution
> up their sleeve...
>
> Bill
>
> ===

I hope you are aware that the right-hand wheels have right-hand thread
and the left-hand wheels are left-hand thread ..

perhaps you couldn't get them off cuz you were tightening them instead??
stranger things have happened and it goes sort of like making sure
your computer isn't working because it is not plugged in..

Trish

--

Patricia E. Gibbons Acting Chief Communications Technician City of San Jose - ITD/communications <http://www.qrz.com/i2.html?callsign=wa6ube&form_name=callsign> ...................................... My Public Key is available at: <http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F> Key ID: 0xEDECB44F This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!