Re: [MV] M715 Spare Tire Bolt

Jon Schmidt (brute4c@yahoo.com)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:26:04 -0800 (PST)

> For all you fellow M715 owners: Can someone tell me
> the size of the bolt that holds the spare tire
> carrier up on the rear frame member? I assume if I
know the size,
> I can just go buy one. Is a washer also used
> between the bolt and tire carrier?

This bolt has a 9/16ths shank with 12 threads per
inch. The shank measures 4 1/4 inches long with all
but the last 1/2 inch threaded. It doesn't use a
washer, instead it has an unusual double head on it.
There is a hex on the end, 13/16ths, then another hex,
1 inch, then a taper to the shank in a bowl like
shape. The head is 1 3/16ths long due to this.
To use a hardware store bolt, you would need to find a
piece to make this rounded shape below the hex, that
is what the carrier locks in with.
I will send you a scan of the bolt off-list.
I think you might be best off trying Surplus City or
Memphis Equipment on this....though you could try Sam
Winer Motors in Ohio...they have some salvage 715's
there....their info is:
Sam Winer Motors, Inc
3417 E. Waterloo Rd
Akron, Ohio 44312