Re: [MV] GPW fuel pump question - diaphragms

Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 15:41:58 -0800

I rebuilt my original pump (with the priming lever) o n my MB
twice already, and do not recall having had any problem pushing
out the in/out valves by hand and putting the new ones
in... Now, if
your pump has no priming lever, and maybe even a glass bowl
instead of a metal one, you might have a Hotchkiss (WOF, or
Willys-Over;land France) part and I don't know how these are
assembled. These little valves are kind of delicate, though,
so... be careful!
BTW, had anybody experienced trouble with the diaphragms in the
repair kits, when they are exposed to modern "blended" gas?
Antoine
Sherman Oaks, California
Normandy, France
http://www.freehomepages.com/antoine