Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:33:58 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: steve shaw <gyrene37@webtv.net>
To: William R. Benson <Benson@eqe.com>
Cc: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 09 November 1999 14:18
Subject: Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

>. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .The guy used the biggest breakover bar
he >had and put about a 6 foot piece of pipe over the end positioned so that
>the end of the pipe touched the ground and then just backed the truck up to
apply pressure.

In a similar vein I have removed many an awkward and inaccessible starter dog
nut from the bottom pulley by hanging a decent fitting ring spanner on it and
hitting the starter with the ignition off. Ensure any tab washer is knocked
back and protect the chassis where the spanner will contact having allowed it
the maximum "run-up" possible to get some momentum in the flywheel.

Usual caveats and warnings apply.

Richard
(Southampton UK)