Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:43:31 -0600

>A decent windy gun, impact sockets and plenty of air is a worthwhile
>accoutrement when attacking the bigger stuff, it is sometimes helpful to flip
>the gun from forward to reverse a few times when freeing really stuck nuts and
>the tighten-a-tad-first technique often works...

Just to add something. We blew a tire on a dump truck whilst on a 250 mile
trip and made it to a truck tire place. They buzzed the lug nuts (wheel nut
and the stud nut) off with a 3/4 impact BUT it sounded very different than
normal. The impulse sounds where much louder are sharper than normal. I
asked him what pressure he was running..... 140psi. They just buy cheap
impact wrenches and run them with lots of oil and high pressure then toss
'em in the scrap bin after a while. Not a recomendation, just an observations.

je