Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:49:07 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Notton <Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk>
To: jonathon <jemery@execpc.com>; mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

Another point to consider is the average air hose in a auto garage is
1/2 inch. A 1 inch impact air gun REQUIRES a minimum of 3/4 inch air line
and fittings from a large air resivoir with an air compressor (preferably)
capable of keeping up with the air demand. If you do not have an air
compressor big enough but have the air compressor tank (read large garage
size) and the air compressor is hors de combat do what I've done. Hook up a
1/2 inch line from the trucks number 1 air tank (that's the one the air
compressor feeds on the truck) to the inoperative compressor tank and set
the hand throttle at 1,000 RPM. True it will be a little slow pumping but it
will pump it up and give you the volume you need. I've had to do it this way
with a friends Mack when we were changing all 10 wheels and his shop
compressor died. Took a little bit o'time but how big a hurry are you to
spend money?
Now go to this website and BUY THIS IMPACT GUN IT WILL BREAK THE LUGS
RIGHT OFF IF THEY DON'T TURN!!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=224

You can't beat the price with a twenty foot stick!! $179.00 for a 1400 ft
lb. of torque gun!! They probably have the air lines and air fittings too.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
n1vbn@N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM