Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:24:17 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: KBYRDDBYRD@aol.com <KBYRDDBYRD@aol.com>
To: Mil-veh@skylee.com <Mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] AAAAuuugh! Frozen lug nuts!!!!

>All this talk about air compressors and wrenches. Has any one had any
>experience using an electric impact wrench. I have some cousins who own a
>company that moves houses. They have dozens of trucks and other heavy
equip.
>They have some electric impact wrenches (110 volt AC). I used one once and
>they are very powerful. Even considered getting one if my air wrench ever
>quits.
>Keith

Electric's are fine if all your using them on is automobiles. If you need to
work on a truck M-35, M-45 etc. you would be wasting your money as they
don't begin to approach the torque created by a heavy duty 1 inch impact
gun.

Let me state one thing I forgot to post previously. Whether you choose a
1 inch air gun or a 3/4 inch gun make sure you buy the gun with a 6 inch
shank or you will quickly find out why they make em AKA: you cant get the
socket on the lug nut because something is too close to the case of the gun.
Been there, done that and believe me it ain't a lot of fun when it rears up
and prevents you from finishing the job the easy way.

James Shanks
The Line Below is my Ham Radio Callsign
n1vbn@bit-net.com
The line below is my Ham Radio Packet Address
n1vbn@N1VBN @ WB1DSW.NH.USA.NOAM