Re: [MV] Jeep Thermostats

fv74@altavista.net
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:55:12 -0500 (EST)

Lars,

My 45 MB did not have a thermostat when I bought it. I found this out when I was doing a valve job. I also measured the cylinder bores for wear while the head was off. Cylinders 2,3&4 were within acceptable limits. Number 1 was .025 inch oversize. The cylinder was egg shaped directly behind the water pump. I later bored and installed oversize pistons to correct this. I had to go .060" over because the wear was all on the front side of the cylinder. I think this wear was due to running without a thermostat. I bought a thermostat and installed it.