Re: [MV] Fw: 1946 chevy 1-1/2 ton

Patricia Gibbons (wa6ube@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 11:57:00 -0800

Gordon.W.I. McMillan wrote:

> Part time front axle disengage and low and high range.
>
> If the thing running down the side is big it's a winch drive, if it's just
> a little tube it will be the transfer case shift maybe ?
>
> Gordon
the little lever pivoted on the gear lever, just under
the knob, with a wire running down to the gearbox top cover
is a reverse lockout latch....if its working as intended, you
must lift the little latch lever to shift into reverse. they
are sometimes found jammed in the released position, so that
the reverse lockout feature is defeated.

cheers

carla (patricia's partner)

--

Patricia E. Gibbons Acting Chief Communications Technician City of San Jose - ITD/communications <http://www.qrz.com/callsign.html?callsign=wa6ube> ...................................... My Public Key is available at: <http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xEDECB44F> Key ID: 0xEDECB44F This key is RSA, NOT Diffie-Hellman !!