[MV] Response to criticism of MVPA Board

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:07:43 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Clark <glengar@bellatlantic.net>
...>I'm sure MVPA is too much concerned with eliminating unwanted persons
>from their Board to give any thought to such "silly" things as working
>with another, obviously more influential and better financed, than their
>"ole Bhoys Club".
============

I disagree.

I have stayed out of the criticisms on the MVPA Board until now, but it just
won't go away it seems.

I have been a member of the MVPA (never on the Board) since 1977, was
founding chairman of three different chapters, and have seen the ebb and
flow of criticism of the Board over the decades. Until I see proof
otherwise, I will continue to give the members of the Board of the MVPA the
benefit of the doubt and will assume that they are working for all of us in
this hobby. They devote a lot of time, money and effort into this club. I am
sure they will lobby and seek allies wherever appropriate to get governments
to overturn laws/bans/freezes that negatively affect MVPA members.

It is OK for you and others to disagree, but I do suggest giving the Board
the benefit of the doubt, or at least talking to them directly.

This is a worldwide list and I know that other clubs have had their problems
too. Some clubs have folded, but most have carried on, and the leadership
eventually changes. Part of the growing process. Eventually most of the
harsh feelings will fade - given the chance.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB