Re: [MV] M-59 APCs

Mike Wheeler (medicmik@internetcds.com)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 05:13:41 -0800

Bill George wrote:

> I remember hearing something about some M-59 APCs for sale on the
> Washington/Oregon border in need of full restoration.Does anyone have any
> information on these?Thanks,Bill George

I have been to look at these, they are in Woodland, Washington about 30 miles
north of Vancouver on I-5. They are in very poor condition, were submerged up
to the hatches in water during the big flood and haven't moved in years,
armor has numerous, long torch cuts. Some missing hatches and other parts.
The couple times I was able to get ahold of someone (once about 10 years ago,
the last about 2 years ago) the price was $13,000 each, firm. That seems like
a lot for what would be such a major project. Do wish someone could save a
few of them before they return to the elements.

Mike Wheeler
Southern Oregon MVCC
M37 - M880 - M38A1