Re: [MV] M35A2 in the snow?

ljh (ljh@public.xm.fj.cn)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:06:31 +0800

Todd:

I once drove an M35A2 about 100 miles at night in a Blizzard. There were
no
other vehicles out that night as the wind factor was drifting the snow
very deep
in places. Average Depth of the snow was about 8" When I finaly arrived
at
Tobyhanna Army Depo for the raley, needless to say that time the public
found it
very hard to come in over the weekend and we vendors had a great time
buying and
selling from each other.

The M35 Drove well in the snow as long as the snow was loosly packed and
the
tires could grip when the snow became tightly packed she very much would
like to
slide out from under you, the same as on ice. You need to adjust your
speed to
conditions and also varythwe tire pressure. I found also that in greasy
mud the Military tires groves would very
soon cake up with mud and it was the same as having 10 slicks on your
truck.....Cross contry conditions with no roads are great as the truck
has a
very light footprint. .Need I say more.

Tim Conover
Xiamen, China.