Re: [MV] M35A2 in the snow?

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:42:19 +0000

> << or a fully charged Cell phone and a phone book. >>
>
> Take my word for it, a cell phone is not worth a #$@%@# in the mountains. I
> broke down going through the Rocky Mountain NP last June at Iceberg Pass,
> 13,000 ft +/-.

exactly, i found out this last weekend, just how wonderful cellphones can be
in the mountains, horrible reception, when i could get thru.

anyway, on to me response... I would reccomend a set of snow tires, or
mud-terrains at the least; second, a load in the back really helps, because
the rear tires can push down harder and get more "bite"; third, remember,
any terrain out there that can get a big ol' military truck stuck, would be
more then a match for anything else, so if anything happens, you could be
out there for a while.