Re: [MV] MV Radio Racks, M-151

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:05:18 -0500

Mike wrote:

...on my 151A1 there are holes grouped into clusters on the
>right rear deck, like for a radio rack.......... is there a pub covering
radio
>and rack installation in MVs, does anyone have this rack (or is it one of
>several possible racks?)

I assume when you say "rack" you are referring to the mount for the
radio? If so, depending on how the holes are arranged will determine what
mount and radio was installed in your M-151. Usually they used a RT-524
radio which uses the MT-1029 mount. This mount then sits on a SC-DL-48676
support bracket which is bolted to the rear fender (wheelhouse) top. This
is part of the MK-1234/GRC radio installation kit. If this seems like Greek
to you, I would suggest a copy of TM-11-2300-351-14&P-22 which is the
installation kit manual for the M-151/A1/A2. I have them at $9.00 each.
The MT-1029 mount is very common (many part dealers have them) and I have
some new ones for $20.00 each. This mount will also hold a PRC-25 or 77
with an amplifier unit. I may have a SC-DL-48676 somewhere here, cost is
about $15.00.

Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA
Great Lakes Chapter MVPA