Re: [MV] TV show 'Rat Patrol' from the '60s

Ian Wallace (iwallace@uswest.net)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 00:25:15 -0800

As I understand it, "Rat Patrol" was based on the jeeps set up and operated
by the British Special Air Services (SAS) as basically a "commando" type hit
& run operation. It was apparently very disruptive to the German units that
got their attention. I don't know if the US took the idea forward and did
the same thing.

I wonder how many of the actors and stunt people ended their shooting days
with serious bruises from the way some of the drivers hurtled their jeeps
around. We never got to see the part where the guy manning the machine gun
flies into the front seat or windshield.

Ian Wallace, Seattle
"Ferret hunting"...