[MV] For sale MB & GPW

Lars-Uwe Rudek (Rudek@shh-hamburg.de)
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:27:10 +0100

Hey list,

on November 22nd I posted something on the 78 MB and GPW
Jeeps which are for sale in Belgium. You may remember, that I was not
impressed by the condition of these vehicles and the price asked for same.

You may also recall that I had been to the place and felt not very
welcome at the time. In my posting, I said, that parts were taken from
the vehicles and replaced by reproduction parts, at least I had this
impression and others told the same story.

In any case my views might be subjective. Should I have gotten the
wrong impression at the time, I have to appologize to Mr. Schneider.

For all those who might be interested in these vehicles or the purchase
of same, I deem it appropriate to read what Mr. Schneider has to say
about these vehicles himself.

I take it that Mr. Schneider expects me to put the matter straight as
far as the list is concerned.

According to the message he sent directly to me, which I quote below,
you will note that:

- no parts were stripped from the vehicles after they were delivered
- they have been in dry storage since 12 years
- parts were added to improve them and they are unike
- they are priced at USD 7,500 each
- people want them, as they are the very last originals on the market

Mr. Schneider sent me the following mail:

QUOTE