[MV] WC12 Wood Dimensions

From: OConnor, Dennis (DOconnor@SIKORSKY.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 14:05:59 PST

Hi List,
     After quite a bit of experimenting with the express box (pickup truck
bed) wood that remained from 3 trucks we've assembled a lumber list for the
sawmill guy. Before we go ahead tough I thought I would ask if anybody could
go measure theirs to confirm the dimensions (given in inches). Also, what
was the original type of wood used? Is there a manual that deals with/shows
any of the express box? The three regular ones have no pictures, or mention
of it at all, just the ambulance and other special bodies.

Stringers (run the length of the bed sitting directly on the frame)
1 @ 2 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 78
1 @ 2 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 53 3/8
1 @ 2 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 16 1/4

Crossmembers (attach to the stringer tops running between the bed sides)
5 @ 2 x 1 3/4 x 48

Floor Boards (above the crossmembers)
2 @ 1 x 4 x 78
5 @ 1 x 8 x 78