Re: [MV] Tracing history of an individual mil vehicle? Possible?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 14:38:35 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim/Julia <w7ls@blarg.net>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 06 December 1999 20:59
Subject: [MV] Tracing history of an individual mil vehicle? Possible?

>Hi. Is there a method for tracking down the individual history of a
>military vehicle? I'm interested in where it saw service. I have both
>American and British stuff.

The MoD releases record cards of all manner of stuff, vehicles included. For
armour try The Tank Museum at Bovington and the rest probably The Museum of Army
Transport, Flemingate, Beverley, Yorkshire.

Note that there is no apparent order or chronological system to the release of
these mil records and you need the mil registration number to have a decent
chance of getting the record card.

Richard
(Southampton UK)