[MV] Bill's Ramblings

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 08:44:55 PST

Hello Listers!

How many of you, when hearing the age old "guns" topic arise, shook your
heads and said, "Oh no, not this again..."

You too, huh?

And smile when you mention the nickname, "Limey"... They came up with the
concept of the SAS, which more than a few of us "Rebel Yanks" are still
grinnin' about...

Let us not have the pro/con "guns" debate again. It didn't go anywhere
last time it reared its ugly head, and all it does is create hard feelings.
If you really want to discuss the issue, use that motivation to write you
elected officials, let them know how you feel, not the list, please. (As a
.50 cal machinegunner, I'm feeling bad enough that they won't let me have
my toys back...)

Okay. On to ON TOPIC subjects!

We, the assorted chuckleheads in Orange County, CA, numbering me ('51
M-37), Chris Davis(52' M-37- but his is senior "time on station"), Daryl
Walker (44 Command Car-I'm still learning the nomenclature, but DANG it
looks purty!), and about three others (An M-37, a deuce-I think, Brandon?,
and possibly a medium SHERMAN TANK!), are planning some sort of monthly
"git together" (sans SHERMAN) to be held in or about the City of Orange at
some point. I'm telling you all because it really looks like we're gonna
get o-fish-ile about this MVPA affiliate stuff (just as soon as I get a
chance to talk to everybody once again...) Anyhow, if you're in the area
of Orange, CA, and feel the pangs of withdrawl 'cause you miss your MV,
give us a yell, and we'll be happy to chat.

I guess that's it. Let's all remember that we're on the same side, shall
we?

Bill