UNCLAS//N04920//IMPORT MVs/Re: [MV] Another Form 6 approved

From: rrayfield@usasac-emh2.army.mil
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 09:28:33 PST

If anyone knows any particulars about a BATF form 6 being approved, it would be
of great interest to give specifics about what was approved: Date of
submission, BATF approval transaction number - this may be a "license" number,
or some other such reference number; Date of approval, item (Tank, truck, full
military nomenclature, NSN if avail, model number, etc) approved. We need to
have a central repository/listing of approved BATF form 6's so we can get a
handle on what gets thru and use them a precedents in submission of new form
6's.

Maybe Arthur Kyle would consent to having a special archive put up entiled
approved BATF Form 6's so a data base could be established with ready
information on approved import of MVs into ConUS via Form 6's and DoS Import
licenses.

Any ideas??

R. S. Rayfield, Jr.
Major, USMC (Ret)