Re: [MV] Double postings

From: MV List Admin (postmaster@skylee.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 20:45:12 PST

>And then, it could be that a transition to newer computer equipment
>is being made by Arthur at this time.

Although this is a logical possibility, I do not believe that this
is the case as I haven't made any configuration changes to skylee.
All my work so far has been in setting up mil-veh.com|org|net on a
separate machine. Good guess, though.

>Double postings are often caused when a copy of an e-mail is sent
>to the List and the person that's being responded to.

This seems the more likely possibility, unless we have another
runaway remailer as we experienced a few months ago. Can someone
send me the a copy of a message they received two or three times,
if you were *not* a part of the conversation. Please include complete
headers if you can (all the gobbledygook at the top of the message).
Using that, I can take a look at what I have stored here and see
if something is amiss.

And I updated the archives tonight. Sorry I hadn't zapped those
X400 headers sooner.

--Arthur
  mil-veh list admin <ack@skylee.com>