Re: [MV] VW THING Question

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 11:48:18 PST

> Lister. My question is simple. How do you get A/C on an aircooled
engine?
> I notice on the KoobleCars and the other VW's as advertised in NC, they
have
> the option of A/C. Can somebody clue me in?

I actually had a VW Bug with the A/C option. It had a compressor mounted to
the right of the engine. 2 lines ran up to a condensor that mounted behind
the front apron behind the little grille (It was a Super Beetle.) A
fiberglass duct work mounted under the dash. I rarely used the A/C though.
The compressor robbed probably 1/2 the available horsepower...

Todd Paisley